segunda-feira, agosto 18, 2003

(tirado do site do Trevor Dunn, baixista do Mr. Bungle e Fantômas)

pergunta: Trevor, how many groupies do you sleep with a year and what does your girlfriend think about all that?

resposta: I've lost track, but since they're all boys, my girlfriend doesn't mind because she knows I'm not gay.

(HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! EXCELENTE RESPOSTA!)

(depois um fã pergunta pra ele sobre a importância da técnica na hora de fazer música. Trevor responde algo que volta e meia eu digo pro pessoal que me pergunta sobre o mesmo assunto.)

pergunta: How much importance do you place on technique? How much time a day/week would you say you devote to it? Sometimes I feel like I get too fixated on it, and it effects my productivity? Has this ever happened to you, and if so (aside from playing with my own feces) do you have any suggestions that might help ease this brand of anal retention?

resposta: I place a lot of importance on technique. I feel it's priceless to have total control of your instrument in order to make it do what you want it to do. But, yes, it can be a trap sometimes. Many people who practice getting faster and more efficient on their instrument always sound exactly like that.
Fast and efficient. Sometimes I say, who cares? There are other aspects of music to develop: your ears, spontaneity, expression, knowledge away from the instrument, etc. Give yourself a break sometimes. Play music for the pure enjoyment of it. Hold on to that feeling of why you wanted to be a musician in the first place before you had ANY IDEA.


"There are other aspects of music to develop: your ears, spontaneity, expression, knowledge away from the instrument, etc. Give yourself a break sometimes. Play music for the pure enjoyment of it."

é isso aí, Trevor! falou e disse!!

http://trevordunn.n3.net/